What great size have Jeremy McKinnon ears pierced
LibriVox is a hope, an experiment, and a question: can the net harness a bunch of volunteers to help bring books in the public domain to life through podcasting?
LibriVox volunteers record chapters of books in the public domain, and then we release the audio files back onto the net. We are a totally volunteer, open source, free content, public domain project.
Listening to the files
See also: How To Get LibriVox Audio Files
Lists & Indexes
Other resources for listeners
- (In another language: Français: Comment devenir benevole)
LibriVox volunteers narrate, proof listen, and upload chapters of books and other textual works in the public domain. These projects are then made available on the Internet for everyone to enjoy, for free.
There are many, many things you can do to help, so please feel free to jump into the Forum and ask what you can do to help!
See also: How LibriVox Works
Where to start
Most of what you need to know about LibriVox can be found on the LibriVox Forum and the FAQ. LibriVox volunteers are helpful and friendly, and if you post a question anywhere on the forum you are likely to get an answer from someone, somewhere within an hour or so. So don't be shy! Many of our volunteers have never recorded anything before LibriVox.
The roles involved in making a LibriVox recording
Types of Projects
We have three main types of projects:
- Collaborative projects: Many volunteers contribute by reading individual chapters of a longer text.
- We recommend contributing to collaborative projects before venturing out to solo projects.
- Dramatic Readings and Plays: contributors voice the individual characters. When complete, the editor compiles them into a single recording
- Solo projects: One experienced volunteer contributes all chapters of the project.
Proof Listener (PL)
Not all volunteers read for LibriVox. If you would prefer not to lend your voice to LibriVox, you could lend us your ears. Proof listeners catch mistakes we may have missed during the initial recording and editing process.
Readers record themselves reading a section of a book, edit the recording, and upload it to the LibriVox Management Tool.
For an outline of the Librivox audiobook production process, please see The LibriVox recording process.
One minute test
We require new readers to submit a sample recording so that we can make sure that your set up works and that you understand how to export files meeting our technical standards. We do not want you to waste previous hours reading whole chapters only to discover that your recording is unusable due to a preventable technical glitch.
- (In another language: Deutsch, Español, Francais, Italiano, Portugues)
- (In another language: Deutsch, Español, Francais, Nederlands, Português, Tagalog, 中文)
Recording Resources: Non-Technical
Recording Resources: Technical
Dramatic Readings and Plays
Book Coordinator (BC)
A book coordinator (commonly abbreviated BC in the forum) is a volunteer who manages all the other volunteers who will record chapters for a LibriVox recording.
Metadata Coordinator (MC)
Metadata coordinators (MCs), help and advise Book Coordinators, and take over the files with the completed recordings (soloists are also Book Coordinators in this sense, as they prepare their own files for the Meta coordinators). The files are then prepared and uploaded to the LibriVox catalog, in a lengthy and cumbersome process.
Volunteer graphic artists create the album cover art images shown in the catalog.
Resources and Miscellaneous
How to Edit the Librivox Wiki
GRADE: Anyone may read this Wiki, but if you wish to edit the pages, please log in, as this Wiki has been locked to avoid spam. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- If you need to edit the Wiki, please request a user account, with a private mail (PM) to one of the admins: dlolso21, triciag, or knotyouraveragejo.
- You will be given a username (same as your forum name) and a temporary password. Please include your email address in your PM.
- How to put out a campfire without water
- Maclaren stroller techno xlr how to unbuckle
- What does unreproducible chest pain mean
- Talented mr ripley film essay how to
- Mkx Krypt xbox how to use items
- Conducts rubidium fluoride when dissolving electricity
- What to expect physically after meps
- How to grind smooth plastic wheel
- Which singer is my twin quiz
- How to use nemesis multi flasher
- What is Aristotle's theory of causality
- How to measure the smallest number of spherometers
- How to load a tape dispenser with a handle
- Paw tattoo meaning whatsapp
- How to distribute flyers through the Canadian Post
- Wholesaler of women's clothing in Senegal
- What is meant by pioneering world literature?
- What does actual violence mean
- Joanna Barsh, how remarkable women lead
- Jam Gate Mhow card
- How to remelt an oriel roof
- What does pulling ankles mean
- What does cheesy meaning mean
- Can drink Vitagen if diarrhea occurs
- Where to inject steroids into triceps
- Who Owns St. Josephs College Upholland Post
- Who killed amani karume
- Acid drops and what not
- Ftyrow when you turn left at an intersection
- Who is Louise Araneta Marcos
- Meotjin Korean means how are you
- Bowhouse Prison Visit Glass