How to besiege a castle in a storm
The siege of a castle
The Blide - also known as Trebuchet or Tribock - was a catapult that could cause the worst devastation (photo 2). It was the largest throwing weapon in the Middle Ages and with it the projectiles landed very accurately on the walls and roofs of a castle.
A Blide was mostly made of wood and had a loop on a long lever arm that was loaded with the bullets. A fixed counterweight (weight box) was filled with stones, earth or lead.
The Blide worked on the principle of lever throwing and could throw projectiles of up to 270 kg. Sometimes the cadavers of dead animals and faeces were thrown onto the castles with the Blide - with the intention of transmitting diseases to the castle or contaminating the food.
Another important offensive weapon was the wooden one Siege tower. It could be driven up to the curtain wall and had a drawbridge at the top that was lowered to the battlements.
Before using such a siege tower, however, the moats and any existing pitfalls had to be overcome.
With the Giant crossbow (Ballista), a throwing machine that was already known to the ancient Romans, wooden arrows could be shot with an iron point (photo 3). In this weapon, a strand of twisted ropes was used to let the limb snap up against a wooden beam and thereby catapult the projectile away. The force of the arrows shot in this way was very violent.
After that Gunpowder was invented, the first came when a castle was attacked Cannons for use. Heavy iron balls or stone balls were fired with them.
First was gunpowder, which was always in one for safety Powder horn was kept, filled into the cannon muzzle. After placing the bullet on it, the gunpowder was set on fire. The cannonball was fired at the castle as a result of the subsequent explosion.
Not all of these first cannons were particularly accurate, but when the cannonball reached its target, it wreaked havoc on a castle complex.
- When do Cretan myrtles bloom
- How to use Gaggia coffee clean tablets
- What is Rob Rucku's nationality
- What does ppp mean for the caller ID
- Slim Jim wholesale price
- You, how to divert calls
- Http apps Facebook who viewed my profile
- Tie scarves to wallets in wholesalers
- Subrata bhowmick designs a room
- What is Koenig Tut famous fortune
- How much does an iron banister cost
- Wasn't what up dog electricity
- How to collapse all rows in Excel
- What do you mean by pmed on Facebook
- How to load a tape dispenser with a handle
- What are 5. 3. Prox payment terms
- Where is the Indian school pit
- How is chevy brakes jh6 brakes
- How to Make a Split Ring Commutator Motor
- Where to find 2-legged drifters
- What happened to Umanoff and pastors
- What color should my hair color quiz
- What does Betam Konjo mean
- How do I install a broadband O2 sensor