Ccrcs in Massachusetts how long until divorce
LibriVox is a hope, an experiment, and a question: can the net harness a bunch of volunteers to help bring books in the public domain to life through podcasting?
LibriVox volunteers record chapters of books in the public domain, and then we release the audio files back onto the net. We are a totally volunteer, open source, free content, public domain project.
Listening to the files
See also: How To Get LibriVox Audio Files
Lists & Indexes
Other resources for listeners
- (In another language: Français: Comment devenir benevole)
LibriVox volunteers narrate, proof listen, and upload chapters of books and other textual works in the public domain. These projects are then made available on the Internet for everyone to enjoy, for free.
There are many, many things you can do to help, so please feel free to jump into the Forum and ask what you can do to help!
See also: How LibriVox Works
Where to start
Most of what you need to know about LibriVox can be found on the LibriVox Forum and the FAQ. LibriVox volunteers are helpful and friendly, and if you post a question anywhere on the forum you are likely to get an answer from someone, somewhere within an hour or so. So don't be shy! Many of our volunteers have never recorded anything before LibriVox.
The roles involved in making a LibriVox recording
Types of Projects
We have three main types of projects:
- Collaborative projects: Many volunteers contribute by reading individual chapters of a longer text.
- We recommend contributing to collaborative projects before venturing out to solo projects.
- Dramatic Readings and Plays: contributors voice the individual characters. When complete, the editor compiles them into a single recording
- Solo projects: One experienced volunteer contributes all chapters of the project.
Proof Listener (PL)
Not all volunteers read for LibriVox. If you would prefer not to lend your voice to LibriVox, you could lend us your ears. Proof listeners catch mistakes we may have missed during the initial recording and editing process.
Readers record themselves reading a section of a book, edit the recording, and upload it to the LibriVox Management Tool.
For an outline of the Librivox audiobook production process, please see The LibriVox recording process.
One minute test
We require new readers to submit a sample recording so that we can make sure that your set up works and that you understand how to export files meeting our technical standards. We do not want you to waste previous hours reading whole chapters only to discover that your recording is unusable due to a preventable technical glitch.
- (In another language: Deutsch, Español, Francais, Italiano, Portugues)
- (In another language: Deutsch, Español, Francais, Nederlands, Português, Tagalog, 中文)
Recording Resources: Non-Technical
Recording Resources: Technical
Dramatic Readings and Plays
Book Coordinator (BC)
A book coordinator (commonly abbreviated BC in the forum) is a volunteer who manages all the other volunteers who will record chapters for a LibriVox recording.
Metadata Coordinator (MC)
Metadata coordinators (MCs), help and advise Book Coordinators, and take over the files with the completed recordings (soloists are also Book Coordinators in this sense, as they prepare their own files for the Meta coordinators). The files are then prepared and uploaded to the LibriVox catalog, in a lengthy and cumbersome process.
Volunteer graphic artists create the album cover art images shown in the catalog.
Resources and Miscellaneous
How to Edit the Librivox Wiki
GRADE: Anyone may read this Wiki, but if you wish to edit the pages, please log in, as this Wiki has been locked to avoid spam. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- If you need to edit the Wiki, please request a user account, with a private mail (PM) to one of the admins: dlolso21, triciag, or knotyouraveragejo.
- You will be given a username (same as your forum name) and a temporary password. Please include your email address in your PM.
- What Killed Josephine Okoye 49ers
- Hayabusa 5000cc is like many pounds
- What does the mean?
- How to calculate the rotor weight of the motor
- Where can I get compressed cryo launcher sto
- What is the initial burette reading below
- How did Lyndey Milan's son die
- How do I get the pyrotechnic title mw2
- Silent screams when it rains
- Subrata bhowmick designs a room
- One day when I grow up
- Peg Lyte how to mix
- Maria wachowiak lindenstrasse online
- How to Undo Ctrl F5 in Excel
- How to fix regcreatekeyex 5 failed code
- Spiza ft amantle when I die the lyrics
- Howling moving castle clock cartoon online
- Bridgestone J715 drivers, how to set
- Rivington the 3rd how old is Loretta
- Where is my cell phone on the map
- What is the euro rate now
- Who is Barack Obama Gocc Blog
- Fabritex wholesale ltd. Richmond
- What does the link mean