What does 19 w 4 grid meaning
What do the terms on the tire actually mean?
Every vehicle manufacturer prescribes certain tire sizes for their vehicles!There are a number of names on your tires. They provide information about your tires, such as their size, age, the main area of use (summer or winter tires), etc.
You can find out which tire size you are allowed to drive on your car from the vehicle documents.
At that time, the old vehicle registration documents still contained all the tire sizes that could be driven. Since the vehicle registration is called registration certificate part 1, only the smallest possible tire size is entered there, all others are in an extra data sheet of the vehicle, which you sometimes get when you buy, otherwise look in the operating instructions or ask the vehicle manufacturer.
A tire size can be, for example: 225/50 R17 94H
But what exactly do these tire sizes mean?
225 is the tire width in millimeters! So the tire is 225 millimeters wide!
/50 is the aspect ratio of the tire width to the height of the tire sidewall. 50% of the tire width results in the tire wall height. That is the distance from the rim to the outer edge of the tire! In this case that would be 112.5mm (50% of 225mm)
R. denotes the type of tire. There are various layers of fabric in the tire. R means that these layers are laid radially. In the past there were also bias tires for cars, but today such tires are almost only used for motorcycle tires!
If another Z In front of the R, the tire is also reinforced and suitable for high speeds over 240km / h.
ZR means: high-speed tires in radial construction!
17 is the inner diameter of the tire in inches! A 17 inch rim belongs in this tire! An inch is 2.54 centimeters.
94 is the load index number. The tire cannot carry an unlimited amount of weight.
The 94 does not say anything about the actual load capacity. There is an index table in which you can look up how many kg these index numbers mean!
The tires that you are allowed to drive on your vehicle may have a higher index number than the vehicle manufacturer requires in the papers or in the data sheet, a lower index number is not allowed!
H is the speed code. An H-tire goes up to 210km / h! There is also a table for the speed with the various speed codes.
You can drive a faster tire than the vehicle manufacturer specifies, a slower one only if it is a winter tire.
If you drive winter tires that are slower than the manufacturer demands, you have to attach a sticker with the maximum tire speed in the driver's field of vision. In this way, other drivers who drive your vehicle also know that they are not allowed to drive full throttle with the tires.
Summer or winter tires?
In the case of black ice, slippery snow, slush, ice or slippery frost, a motor vehicle may only be driven with tires that have an "M + S marking".
This is stipulated in §2 of the road traffic regulations!
M + S means mud and snow! So this is the official winter tire label that is required so that a winter tire is also a winter tire!
If you still have a snowflake symbol on your tire, this tire has also passed special traction tests. If you buy such a tire, you have definitely invested your money well!
Summer tires are not specially marked!
You can find the name somewhere on your tire DOT!
(Department Of Transportation is the United States Department of Transportation. It previously introduced this DOT marking)
This DOT marking tells you the date of manufacture of the tire.!
Behind the DOT is a four-digit number. The first two digits tell you the week, the last two digits the year in which the tire was manufactured.
So this tire was manufactured in the 43rd week of 2015!
- Sukarma Yoga in astrology what rules
- No Texas State Inspection when it rains
- Stewie drawing steps how to draw
- Slax how to install usb mouse
- Modbus poll timeout error when attempting
- What does leaden eyes mean
- Upload Pythonanywhere folder to FTP
- What is taco meat slang
- Osgood Doctor, the new companion rumors
- Who tamu mcpherson husband
- What is a duplex numerical filing system
- What is Nagwawala in English
- Spybot freezes when fixing problems with Windows
- Ref Error while inserting values
- How to say capirucho in English
- How to stretch a sweater that is too small
- What is picsi ivf ccrm
- Who does silent partner mattress business
- What's wrong with Mike Budenholzer's wife
- How is Eunhae embracing different forms
- What kind of girl's bra means Jenna marbles
- Mt8880 how to connect the sound to the line
- What happened to Abed and Rachel
- Technology works like a spirit box
- What does lexifier mean
- Cat ommanney pregnant by whom
- Who is jo rausch
- What is o-cymen-5-ol safety
- Reg2 hcu ac th modules everywhere
- Which federal authority creates DNA profiles
- Who was kenny bania based on
- Funny whatsapp status imaginative
- Wild Jaeger Maple Story, How To Get Jaguars