1970 Chevelle Cowl induction how to install
Chevrolet small block engine - Chevrolet small-block engine
|Chevrolet small block engine|
1985 Chevrolet Corvette L98
|Also called|| Chevrolet Turbo Fire |
|production|| 1954-2003 Flint North |
(Engine block and heads)
Saginaw Metal Casting Operations
|construction||90 ° V8|
|Cylinder bore|| 88.9 mm (3.5 in |
) 93.2 mm (3.67
Inches) 94.9 mm
3.736 in) 95.3 mm (3.75 in) 3.875 in (98.4 mm)
4 inches (101.6 mm) 4.125 inches
|Piston stroke|| 76.2 mm (3 inches) |
78.7 mm (3.1 in)
82.6 mm (3.25 in)
88.4 mm (3.48 inches)
95.3 mm (3.75 inches)
|Block material||Cast iron, aluminum|
|Head material||Cast iron, aluminum|
|Valve train|| OHV 2 valves x cyl. |
DOHC 4 valves x cyl. (LT5)
|Timing drive system||Chain|
|compression ratio||8,2: 1, 8,3: 1, 8,4: 1, 8,5: 1, 8,6: 1, 9,0: 1, 9,1: 1, 9,5: 1, 10,25: 1, 11,0: 1|
|Fuel system||Carburetor, fuel injection|
|power||110–475 hp (82–354 kW)|
|Torque output||292–542 Nm (215–400 lb⋅ft)|
|predecessor||Chevrolet Series D.|
|successor||GM LS-based small block engine|
The Chevrolet small block engine is a range of V8 car engines manufactured by the Chevrolet division of General Motors between 1954 and 2003 using the same basic engine block. The "small block" family is referred to as the "small block" because of its size compared to the physically much larger Chevrolet big block engines. The displacement was between 4.3 l and 6.6 l. Engineer Ed Cole is credited with directing the design for this engine. The engine block and cylinder heads were cast at Saginaw Metal Casting Operations in Saginaw, Michigan.
Generation I and II LT motors differ from the following LS-based small block motors. The Generation II engine is largely an upgraded Generation I version with many interchangeable parts and dimensions. Later generation motors only have the rod bearings, the screw pattern from the gearbox to the block and the hole spacing in common with the generation I and II motors.
Production of the original small block began in late 1954 for the 1955 model year with a displacement of 4.3 l (265 cu in), which increased to 6.6 l (400 cu in) over time by 1970. Among the intermediate displacements were the 283 cu in (4.6 l), 327 cu in (5.4 l) and numerous 350 cu in (5.7 l) versions. Introduced in 1967 as a power engine, the 350 was used across the Chevrolet product line in both high and low power variants.
Although all of Chevrolet's then siblings (Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Holden) designed their own V8s, the small block Chevrolet 305 and 350 cu in (5.0 and 5.7 L) became GM's corporate standard. Over the years, every American division of General Motors except Saturn and Geo used them and their descendants in their vehicles.
Finally replaced by the LS Generation III in 1997 and discontinued in 2003, the engine is still made by a GM subsidiary in Springfield, MO as a crate engine for replacement and hot rodding purposes. Between 1955 and November 29, 2011, more than 100,000,000 small carburettor and fuel-injected blocks were built. The small block family line was named one of the 10 best engines of the 20th century by the automotive magazine Ward's AutoWorld.
In February 2008, a Wisconsin businessman reported that his 1991 Chevrolet C1500 pickup had driven more than 1 million miles without major repairs to its small block V8 engine. (Source: The Flint Journal , February 17, 2008).
The first generation of small Chevrolet blocks began with the 1955 Chevrolet 265 cu in V8, which was offered in the Corvette and Bel Air. It quickly gained popularity among stock car racers dubbed the "Mighty Mouse" for the then popular cartoon character later abbreviated as "Mouse". By 1957 it had grown to 4.6 liters (283 cu in). Equipped with the optional Rochester Mechanical Fuel Injection (FI), it was one of the first production engines to produce 1 hp (0.7 kW) per 1 cu in (16 cm 3 ) performed. The 283 was taken over by other Chevrolets and replaced the 265 V8. This was followed by a powerful version with 327 cu in (5.4 l), which delivered up to 375 PS (280 kW) (SAE gross power, not SAE net power or the current SAE-certified power values) and the power per cubic inch to 1 , 15 increased horsepower (0.86 kW). From 1954 to 1974 the small block engine was known as the "Turbo-Fire" or "High Torque" V8. But it was the 350 cu in (5.7 l) series that became the best-known Chevrolet small-block. From station wagons to sports cars to utility vehicles and even in boats and (in heavily modified form) airplanes, it's the most widely used small block of all time. Although the 350 series has not been offered in GM vehicles since 2003, it is still produced at a GM subsidiary in Springfield, MO under the "GM Genuine Parts" brand and sold by GM Powertrain under the "GM Genuine Parts" brand. produced. Vortec "name.
3,876 in. Bore family (1955-1973)
All Chevrolet V8s, from the big blocks to today's LS7 and LS9, are from the 4.3 / 4.6 liter small block family with 265/283 cu in (4.3 / 4.6 liter ) emerged. Of the three engines in this family, two, the 265 and the 283, made automotive history. The first of this family was the 265, which was introduced in 1954. The 265 had a 3 + 151/200 in (95.38 mm) bore. The stroke of the 265, like the 283, was 3 inches (76.2 mm). Known as one of the first engines to produce one horsepower per cubic inch, the 283 is also known as the evolutionary stepping stone that would later emerge to the small blocks and the "W" blocks that would eventually be used in the big Chevrolet Blocks culminate. The last of this family was the 307 cu in (5.0 L), a petted 283 with a medium-sized diary.
The "Turbo-Fire" V8 with 265 cu in (4.3 l) was the second small Chevrolet block; The first Chevrolet V8 was produced in 1954 and designed by Ed Coles' group at Chevrolet to provide a more powerful engine for the 1955 Corvette than the model's original "Blue Flame" line-six, the 162 hp (121 kW) 2-barrel Debut The version went from drawings to production in just 15 weeks.
Cole's design borrowed the valve train design that was to be used in the Pontiac V8 at the time. At the time, GM internal rules stated that once an automotive division had introduced a technological innovation, it could not be used by any other GM division for two years. The design patented by Pontiac engineer Clayton Leach for an independent, pin mount, rocker arm was to be introduced in the 1955 Pontiac V8. GM forced the Pontiac division to split their valvetrain design in Chevrolet's new 265 V8 in 1955, so both engines were introduced in the same year with the same valvetrain design. A side note on Pontiac's V-8 was that the engine was to be introduced for 1953 cars, and all 53 & 54 Pontiac chassis and springs were designed for the engine, which didn't make it into a Pontiac until late 1954. The reason it came about was that the Buick division campaigned for the company to withhold Pontiac's release as it interfered with Buick's release of the new OHV Buick V8 engine.
The small block, a push rod engine with hydraulic jacks, was available with an optional four-cylinder Rochester carburetor that increased engine output to 180 hp (134 kW) or 195 hp (145 kW) in the Corvette. The short stroke 3 + 151/200 in x 3 in (95.38 mm x 76.20 mm) bore x of the 4.4 in (111.8 mm) bore spacing would continue in use for decades.
Also available in the Bel Air sedan, the basic car version developed 162 hp (121 kW) with a two-cylinder carburetor. The engine was converted to a Rochester twin exhaust "Power Pack" version with four cylinders and had a conservative output of 180 hp (134 kW). With the "Super Power Pack" it was increased to the performance of the Corvette.
A disadvantage of the 1955 265 was the lack of any provision for in-block oil filtration which instead relied on an auxiliary filter mounted on the thermostat housing, and this was an "option only". Despite its novel construction from a green sand foundry, the 55 block is usually only desirable for period collectors due to its inadequate oil filtration.
The 1956 Corvette introduced three versions of this engine - 210 PS (157 kW) with a single 4-cylinder carburetor, 225 PS (168 kW) with two 4-cylinder carburetors, and 240 PS (179 kW) with two 4-cylinders -Carburetors and a high-lift camshaft.
The 4.3 liter V8 engine with 265 cu in was bored to 3 + 98.45 mm (219 ⁄ 250 in) in 1957, which corresponds to a displacement of 4.6 l (283 cu in). The first 283 engines used the stock 265 blocks. However, overboring these blocks resulted in thin cylinder walls. Future 283 blocks were poured to accommodate the 3,876 hole. Five different versions were available between 188 hp (140 kW) and 283 hp (211 kW), depending on whether a single carburetor, two carburetors or fuel injection were used.
In 1958, 1959 and 1960 the performance increased a little each year. The 1957 Rochester Ramjet mechanical fuel injection version even delivered 283 hp (211 kW) per cubic centimeter, which was an impressive feat at the time after the 1956 Chrysler 300B, the second single-power V8 built in the USA of one horsepower per cubic inch.
In addition to the Chevrolet line, it was optional in Checker Taxis from 1965. A version built by GM Canada was also available in Studebaker vehicles made in Canada in 1965 and 1966.
A 307 cu in (5.0 L) version was produced from 1968 to 1973. Motor bore and stroke were 3 + 219/250 in × 3 + 13/50 in (98.5 mm × 82.8 mm). All 307 had large 62.2 mm (2.45 in) journals to accommodate the 327's crankshaft. The pistons used with the 307 have the same pin height as the 327 but retain the bore size of the 283 (before 1968 it was possible to stroke a 283 into a 307, which required aftermarket pistons to be used).
4,000 in drilling family (1962–2002)
Originally conceived as a power block, this 5.7 L (350 cu in) engine family became a general purpose engine that was used in many applications from Corvettes to delivery vans. All engines in this family have the same block dimensions and sometimes even the same casting number. The latter means that the motors were from the same block but had different strokes (e.g. cast number 3970010 was used by all three motors: 302, 327 and 350). This family of engines was updated in 1968 for use in 2.45 in (62.2 mm) medium-sized magazines. The first engine in this family was the small Journal 327 in 1962 and the last was the medium Journal 350 from the 2000s for vans and commercial vehicles. The Medium Journal 350 was further developed into the Generation II LT1 / 4 350 in the early 1990s.
In 1966, General Motors designed a special 4.9 liter (302 cu in) engine for the production of the Z / 28 Camaro to meet the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Trans-Am series road racing rules and displacement limit the engine to 305 5.0 l (cu in) from 1967 to 1969. It was the product of placing the 76.2 mm (283 cu in) 3.2 in (76.2 mm) lift crankshaft in a 101, 6 mm (4 in) bore 327 cu in (5.4 L) cylinder block. The 1967 302 used the same spherical cast iron crankshaft as the 283 with a also made forged steel crank. This block is one of three displacements, 302/327/350, that a crankshaft underwent bearing diameter for the 1968 transformation when the rod-blade size changed from the 2 in (50.8 mm) diameter small blade to a 2.1 in (53.3 mm,) large pegs and a main peg size increased from 58.4 mm (2.3 inches) to 62.2 mm (2.45 inches). DZ 302.
The large-bladed connecting rods were thicker (heavier) and used 3/8 in (9.5 mm) diameter cap bolts to replace the small-journal 11/32. In 1968 blocks were made in 2-hole and 4-hole versions, with the 4-hole center-three main caps each secured with two additional bolts, aided by the addition of heavier crankcase main web bulkheads. When the journal size enlarged to the standard large-sheet size, the crankshaft 302 was specially forged from built-in TENIFER -hardened 1053 steel and equipped with a high rpm 8 in (203.2 mm) diameter harmonic balancer. It was 3/4 length, had a semicircular windshield, heat treated, magnafluxed, shot peened, forged 1038 steel connecting rod, '69 floating pin, forged aluminum pistons with higher abrasion resistance, and single moly rings to seal better.
Its solid lifter cam, known as the "30-30 Duntov" cam, named for its 0.03 mm (0.03 ") / 0.030" hot intake / exhaust valve clearance and Zora Arkus-Duntov (the first Duntov cam was the 0.012 in) 0.3 mm) / 0.018 in (0.5 mm) 1957 grist, known as' 097, which referred to the last three digits of the cast number) (the "father of the Corvette"), was also in the gasified 327/365 used from 1964-1965 and 327/375 engines with fuel injection. The heavy duty valve heads with a diameter of 40.3 mm (2.02 inches) by 51.3 mm (1.6 inches) / 40.6 mm (1.6 inches) and heavy duty 467 double hump heads (467 mm) , Pushrod guide plates, hardened pushrods with blue stripes, and edge opening lifters used more valvetrain oil in the crankcase for high RPM lubrication and stiffer valve springs. In 1967, a redesigned high-rise cast aluminum intake manifold with two smoother runner ducts was introduced for the Z / 28, which was also used by the 1970 LT-1 with 370 hp (350 cu in).
The 1969 Corvette and 1970 Z / 28 engines were fitted with a Holley carburetor until the Q-Jet carburetor returned in 1973. Unlike the Corvette, the exhaust manifolds were the more restrictive "log" design of the rear outlet to expose the front cross member of the Camaro chassis. From 1967 to 1968 it had a chrome oil filler tube on the front of the intake manifold next to the thermostat housing. In the first year, unique chrome valve covers were embossed with Chevrolet without an engine displacement sticker. In 1968 the engine had the chrome covers, but without the Chevrolet name, connected to a PCV valve and a 355.6 mm × 76.2 mm (14 in. × 3 in.) Open air cleaner assembly with drop base that came with a crankcase ventilation was fitted to a 780 cu ft / min (22 m 3 / min) vacuum secondary Holley 4-Bbl carburetor. A "divorced" exhaust crossover heated well choke thermostat coil was used to provide a cleaner, faster engine warm-up. Its single point distributor had a point cam ignition designed to point bouncing at high speeds along with a vacuum diaphragm to reduce advance ignition timing when idling and partial throttle for economy and emissions.
Belt pulleys for the balancer, alternator, water pump, as well as optional power steering, were deeply grooved to keep the drive belt (s) at high speeds. In 1969 the 302 shared the lamellar valve cover made of cast aluminum with the LT-1 350 Corvette engine. With a conservative output of 290 PS (216 kW) (SAE gross) at 5800 rpm and 393 Nm (290 lb⋅ft) at 4800 rpm, the actual output with a compression ratio of 11.0: 1 was 1.625 376 hp (280 kW) in 41.3 mm (primary) 76.2 mm (3 x) collector Sanderson pipe heads, which came in the trunk when ordered with a Z / 28 from 1967, and associated tuning of the main jet of the carburetor and the ignition timing. In 1968, the final year for factory heads, they had 44.5 mm (1.75 in) primary and 76.2 mm (3 in) collectors. A standard 1968 Z / 28 with a gearbox with a tight gear ratio, optional transistor ignition and 4.88 gear, which was equipped with little more than the cold air hood induction and the heads of the factory hood, was able to travel 174 km (12, 9 seconds) to drive / h) 402 m (1 ⁄ 4 mile) on road tires.
Following the 1967 Trans-Am campaign with the 4-Bbl induction system, which outperformed the 8-Bbl systems from competing automakers, Chevrolet developed a factory-made aluminum intake manifold package for 1968 with two Holley 600 cu ft / min ( 17 m 3 / min) mechanical secondary carburetors for trans-am races. It was only available as off-road service parts purchased through the Chevrolet dealer's parts counter. With the off-road cam of the Chevrolet 140 in the 1st design, the package increased the output of a standard 302 from 360 hp (268 kW) to around 400 hp (298 kW). Chevrolet went so far as to transfer the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system to the cross-slide intake system in order to maintain the emissions compliance prescribed for US cars from 1967, which also enabled a full-throttle crankcase pressure ventilation into the intake air to burn its fumes.
Engines prepared for competition use were capable of producing 465 hp (347 kW) with a little more than 8 Bbl induction, apertured heads with high pressure valve springs, roller rocker arms and the road racing cam '754 2nd version. The hood induction system on the 1967/1968 models had a closed air filter assembly that fed into the firewall hood above the heater core from the passenger side.
In 1969, factory Z / 28s with the ZL-1 aluminum block 427 adaptation of the 1967 L-88 427 Corvette engine hood induction hood 'ZL-2' could be ordered, both for single and for double four-cylinders -Induction systems was available.The air filter base was sealed to ensure that dense, cooler, high pressure, oxygenated air was fed into the engine from the center of the base of the windshield for even combustion and maximum power generation.
Another popular service-only parts-only component on the 302 was the magnetic pulse Delco transistor-ignition ball-bearing distributor. General Motors was introduced in 1963 on Pontiac's 389 and 421 cubic centimeter (6.4 and 6.9 liter) drag racing engines and was installed in the 1967 Z / 28 before being used on the Corvette L88 with 427 cubic centimeters (7.0 l) were used. Ignition at the production interruption point was eliminated, allowing for higher radio energy and more stable ignition timing at all engine speeds including idling. This was one of the least discussed yet most transformative and comprehensive performance and durability improvements of its time. Many of the 302 off-road service parts were the development work of racing drivers like Roger Penske. Every part on a SCCA Trans-Am engine had to be available through the local Chevrolet parts departments to encourage use by anyone who wanted it.
While the 302 became a powerful Limited Sportsman oval track racing engine in the hands of racers like Bud Lunsford in his 1966 Chevy II, its bore / stroke and rod / stroke geometry made it a natural, high-revving road racing engine and was responsible for that It is one of the more reliable production street engines approved for full competition by all American brands, and it won consecutive Trans-Am championships through Mark Donohue in 1968 and 1969. With engines from Al Bartz, Falconer & Dunn and Traco Engineering, the pinnacle of the 302's use in professional racing, it was its main engine for the outstanding but overshadowed Formula 5000 Championship Championship from 1968-1976, an SCCA Formula A class with open wheel designed for lower costs.
The engine was also popular in Formula 5000 around the world, particularly in Australia and New Zealand, where it was found to be more powerful than the Repco-Golden V8. Weighing 610 kg (1,350 lb), a 525-550 hp (391-410 kW) iron block, and a head motor positioned near the vehicle's polar moment of inertia to allow the Hewland to pivot. Magnesium transaxle and 10 inches (254.0 mm) wide 13 inches (330.2 mm) front / 20 inches (508.0 mm) wide 15 inches (381.0 mm) rear magnesium wheels, it produced incredibly exciting racing. They ran from 0 to 97 km / h in 2.8 seconds and over 290 km / h.
Bruce Allison, Australian F5000 driver from the mid-1970s, recalled the series and said, "We never put first gear at the start. We started in second gear and even then there was so much torque that you would spin in third and fourth gear. " "" Prepared with a mechanically time-controlled magnesium fuel injection induction system from Lucas-McKay, which was combined with double hump heads from a ported production car, a roller lift camshaft mounted in the Rev kit, roller bearing rocker arms and a practically standard crankshaft The series’s ability to get high numbers of vehicles and finish competitive events due to the level of mechanical success it had for a series of international Grand Prix star drivers such as David Hobbs, Brian Redman, Jody Scheckter and Mario Andretti.
Introduced in 1962, the 5.4 L (327 cu in) V8 had a bore of 4.00 in and 3.25 in stroke. The exact displacement is 5,363 cm³ (327.30 cu in). Depending on the choice of carburetor or fuel injection, camshaft, cylinder heads, pistons and intake manifold, the output was between 225 and 383 hp (168 to 286 kW). In 1962, the Duntov Solid Lifter Cam versions produced 340 hp (254 kW), 344 lb⋅ft (466 N⋅m) with a single Carter 4-cylinder and 360 PS (268 kW), 358 lb⋅ft (485 N⋅m) ) m) with Rochester fuel injection. 1964 increased the performance for the newly named L-76- Version to 366 PS (273 kW) and for the L-84 with Fuel injection to 375 hp (280 kW). This makes the L-84 the most powerful single cam with naturally aspirated engine, production of small block V8s up to the appearance of 385 PS (287 kW), 395 lb⋅ft (536 Nm) Generation III LS6 in 2001. This block is one of three Displacements that saw a big change in 1968 when the main block spigot size was increased from 58.4 to 62.2 mm (2.3 to 2.45 inches). In 1965, Chevrolet brought the now legendary L-79 on the market which was nothing more than an L-76 (forged 11.0: 1 pop-up pistons, forged steel rods and crank, 2.02 Corvette heads) but with the 30-30 Duntov cam replaced by the No. 151.
In 1966, Checker began offering the 327 as an option. The Avanti II and its successors were powered by the 327 and later versions of the small-block V8.
The 327 was built into the English Gordon Keeble. 99 cars were produced between 1964 and 1967. It was also built into many Isos until in 1972 General Motors started charging cash upfront and the Italian manufacturer switched to the Ford Cleveland V8.
In 1968, the 250 hp (186 kW) 327 L73 was part of the CKD packages exported from Canada to Australia for use in the locally assembled (General Motors Holdens) Chevrolet Impala and Pontiac Parisienne. GMH used the same engine in the Holden HK Monaro GTS327. The engine was used in the Monaro GTS327 to make it the new Holden muscle car, and so was able to keep up with locally improved production (Australian Group C). Shortly before its release, the car had modified the chassis so that it could also be used in local series racing (Australian Group E). A special Build 327 was built for GMH for the last run of the HK GTS327 by the Canadian McKinnon Industries. It was a lower compression version of the 1968 engine first used on the HK GTS327, and it was disguised as a 1969 engine with all of the 1969 parts. The 327 was replaced in mid-1969 by the 350 L48, which developed 300 hp (224 kW).
The 5.7 l (350 cu in) with a stroke of 88.39 mm (3.48 in) appeared for the first time as a high-performance L-48- Option for the 1967 Camaro. The exact displacement is 5,733 cm³ (349.85 cu in). A year later it was made available in the Chevrolet Nova, and eventually the rest of the Chevrolet line could be ordered with a 350 in 1969. As with previous versions of the small block, the 350 was available in the Beaumont sold by Pontiac Canada, which, unlike its US counterparts, used Chevrolet chassis and drivetrains.
Many variants followed.
The L46 became an optional engine for the 1969 Chevrolet Corvette. It was a more powerful version of the base V8 with 350 cu in (5.7 L) cast number 186 2.02 / 1.6 in (51.3 / 40.6 mm) valve heads and had a compression ratio of 11.0: 1, which required high octane gas, and produced 350 hp (261 kW) (SAE GROSS POWER). It was also available in 1970 with 4bbl Quadrajet carburetors and L46 hydraulic cams, coupling pistons (+0.16 cu in (2.6 ccm)), 186 heads, and a four-bolt block.
The L48 is the original 5.7 l (350 cu in), which is only available for 1967 in the Super Sport (SS) version of Camaro (from 1967) or Chevy II / Nova in the years 1968–1979. In 1969 it was used on almost all car lines; Camaros, Whims, Impalas, El Caminos, Chevelles & Novas. 1969 L48s used a hydraulic cam, 4bbl Quadrajet carburetor, cast piston, 4-bolt main cast number 010 blocks & cast number 041 or 186 heads. The output was 300 PS (224 kW) SAE and a torque of 515 Nm (380 lb⋅ft). The compression ratio was 10.25: 1. The compression ratio of the L48 was lowered to 8.5: 1 in 1971.
In 1972 option L48 (4bbl V8) for the Nova was part of the SS package. This is indicated by having the fifth digit in the chassis number K is . 1922 was the only year in which the SS package could be checked by the chassis number.
The L48 engine was exported to Australia, where it appeared in the Holden Monaro from 1969 to 1974 and in the Statesman from 1971 to 1974. Towards the end of the HQ series in the years 1973 to 1974, the performance of these engines had fallen to the same or a lower value than Holden's locally manufactured 308 cu in (5.0 L) V8, which was not yet due to the US emissions regulations was subject to similar regulations, which is why Holden no longer used the engine.
The L48 V8 was the standard engine in the Chevrolet Corvette from 1975 to 1980. The L48 V8 Corvette engine developed 165 hp (123 kW) in 1975. The output rose to 180 hp (134 kW) in 1976 and remained the same in 1977. In 1978 175 hp (130 kW) were made for California or high-altitude areas and 185 hp (138 kW) for everywhere else. In 1979, the output rose to 195 hp (145 kW) and in 1980 fell to 190 hp (142 kW) .
The 1970 model year Camaro had a 250hp high powered 2bbl Rochester carburetor. In 1971 it fell to 245 hp; In 1972 it had 165 net HP, while 1973-1975 had 145 net HP. It was basically the 2bbl version of the L48 350. It was produced until the 1976 model year. It had a torque of 346 nm (255 lb / ft).
The LM1 the base is 350 cu in with a 4- cylinder -Carburetor (usually with a Rochester Quadrajet) 155-175 hp (116-130 kW) engine in passenger cars until 1979 as a retail option (its final use in a retail passenger car was the 1981 Camaro Z28) and Police Package 9C1 A / G (Malibu until 1981) and B-bodies (Caprice, Impala) until 1988 retail market GM rear-wheel drive / V8s sold to the general public had a maximum displacement of 5.0 liters with the exception of the muscle car survivors, e.g. B. Corvette and F-body (Camaro IROC Z or Trans Am). Mechanical ignition points, an electronic or computer-controlled ignition system, and conventional carburetors or feedback carburetors have been used throughout its life. The LM1 was replaced by the L05 engine after 1988.
The ZQ3 is the standard engine of the Chevrolet Corvette from 1969 to 1974 .
In 1969 and 1970 it was a 300 hp (224 kW) version of the 350 cu in (5.7 L) small block with 10.25: 1 compression and hydraulic lifters. A Rochester "4MV" Quadra-Jet 4 cylinder carburetor and L48 camshaft were used.
In 1971 the output sank to 270 PS (201 kW) (gross) and 300 lb⋅ft (407 Nm) (gross) torque with a lower compression of 8.5: 1. In 1972 200 PS (149 kW) (net) and 270 lb⋅ft (366 Nm) (net) torque used. In 1973 the output fell to 190 hp (142 kW), but rose slightly in 1974 to 195 hp (145 kW).
Post-1971 blocks may have had a lower nickel content but a thicker cylinder deck, and post-1974 heads on the small Chevrolet block used less iron and were lighter, more prone to cracking, and less powerful due to the lower compression ratios used.
The LT-1 was the ultimate 5.7L V8 with 350 cu in and became available in 1970. He used solid lifting equipment, a compression of 11.0: 1, the heavy duty "178" camshaft and a 22 m (780 cu ft / min) 3 / min) Holley four-cylinder carburetor on a special aluminum inlet with tappet horn exhaust manifolds in the Corvette, Delco transistor ignition and an exhaust factory with low throttling at 370 PS (276 kW) in the Corvette and 360 PS (268 kW) at 6000 rpm and 515 Nm (380 lb⋅ft) at 4000 in the Camaro Z28 (the NHRA rated it at 425 PS (317 kW) for classification purposes). Redline was 6,500 rpm, but power dropped significantly after 6,200 rpm.The LT-1 was available in the Corvette and Camaro Z28. The power went back to 330 PS (246 kW) (gross) / 255 PS (190 kW) (net) and 488 Nm (360 lb⋅ft) torque with a compression of 9.0: 1 in 1972 (the last year of the LT-1, now only rated with net measurement and not with gross measurement) to 255 PS (190 kW) and 280 lb⋅ft (380 N⋅m).
The L82 of 1973 to 1974 was a "performance" version of the 350 that still used the cast number 624 76cc chamber "2.02" heads, but with a Rochester Quadra-Jet 4bbl carburetor and an aluminum intake manifold with two levels, the earlier L46 350 hp (261 kW ) 350 hydraulic lift cams and 9.0: 1 pistons made of forged aluminum with an output of 250 hp (186 kW) (1971 was the first year for SAE net horsepower as installed in the vehicle with accessories and mufflers) and 285 lb. ⋅ft (386 N⋅m) torque. In contrast to the aluminum manifold and the manifold housing, the cast aluminum LT-1 valve covers were painted crinkle black. In 1975 it was 205 hp (153 kW) and 346 Nm (255 lb⋅ft) of torque. 1976–1977 he made 210 hp (157 kW) in the Corvette. The 1978 L82 recovered somewhat and developed 220 hp (164 kW) and 260 lb⋅ft (353 N⋅m) in the Corvette. In 1979 he made 225 hp (168 kW) in the Corvette. In 1980, last year, it developed 230 hp (172 kW). This engine was also available for the Chevrolet Camaro in 1973 and 1974.
The L81 was the only Corvette engine with 5.7 l (350 cu in) in 1981. It made 190 hp (142 kW) and 380 Nm (280 lb⋅ft) of torque at 8.2: 1 compression, just like the 1980 L48, but added hot cam and computer control spark feed to replace the vacuum feed. The L81 was the first Corvette engine to use an "intelligent carburetor". The 1980 Rochester Quadrajet was modified to allow electronic mixture control and an ECM (Engine Control Module), fed with data from an exhaust oxygen sensor, modified the fuel-air mixture supplied to the engine.
The LS9 was GM's 350 cubic inch truck engine used in C / K / G 10/20 models with a gross vehicle weight rating of 3,856 kg. The LS9 used a Rochester 4 bbl carburetor and its power rating for 1984 was 165 hp (123 kW) at 3800 rpm and torque of 373 lb⋅ft (373 N⋅m) at 1600 rpm. A version with a closed carburetor has been used with the California emissions package in recent years. The LS9 and LT9 engines were replaced by the L05-TBI (throttle valve fuel injection) engines in 1987. Most of the small block engines during this period were built at either the Flint Engine Plant in South Flint, Michigan or St. Catharines, Ontario. The Flint plant produced about 5,200 engines per day in the mid-1980s and had a slower, separate line for the TPI engines used in the Camaro and Corvette. (Source: Chevrolet Truck Data Book 1984.)
The LT-9 served as the heavy truck-based GM variant of the 5.7 l (350 cu in) used in K20 / K30 pickups, G-model passenger and freight transporters (built in Lordstown, OH and later in Flint, MI) and the P30 chassis for mobile homes and stepvans were also supplied.
The listed specifications of the LT-9 are 160 PS (119 kW) at 3800 rpm and 339 Nm (250 lb⋅ft) of torque at 2,800 rpm at 8.3: 1 compression. LT-9 were gassed at the factory with Rochester Quadrajets and are usually 4-hole nets. The LT-9 is often referred to as "M-Code 350" under the VIN code. The LT9 has been used in models with a gross vehicle weight rating greater than 3,900 kg (8,500 lb).
Years: 1982, 1984
The 1982 L83 was again the only Corvette engine to deliver 200 hp (149 kW) and 386 Nm (285 lb⋅ft) of torque with a compression of 9.0: 1. Since GM did not assign a 1983 model year to the production of Corvettes, there was no L83 in 1983. This was also the only engine on the 1984 Corvette producing 205 hp (153 kW) and 290 lb⋅ft (393 N⋅m) of torque. The L83 added "cross-fire" fuel injection (fuel injection with two throttle valves).
The new L98 350 from 1985 added the fuel injection "TPI" with tuned opening which was standard on all Corvettes from 1985 to 1991. It was produced from 1985 to 1986 with 230 PS (172 kW), from 1987 to 1989 with 240 PS (179 kW) (245 PS (183 kW) with a rear axle ratio of 3.08: 1 (only 1988 to 1989)) and 245 PS rated (183 kW) in the years 1990-1991 (250 PS (186 kW) with 3.08: 1 rear axle). Aluminum cylinder heads (Corvette only) were launched during the 1986 model run, modified with D-connectors for 1987, and received as the ZZ6 until the end of L98 Corvette production in 1991 (used on ZZx 350 box engines until 2015) was) continued the fast-burning heads). The L98 V8 was optional on the Chevrolet Camaro & Pontiac Firebird models from January '87 to '92 (output 225 PS (168 kW) - 245 PS (183 kW) and 330 lb⋅ft (447 N⋅m) - 345 lb⋅ 468 Nm (ft) The 1987 versions had 20 hp (15 kW) and 20 Nm (15 lbft) more and a change to the hydraulic roller camshaft. The compression increased again in 1990 to 9.5: 1 Camaro / Firebird and 10: 1 Corvettes, but the nominal power remained the same.
Vehicles with the L98:
The L05 was introduced in 1987 for use in Chevrolet / GMC trucks in the GMT400 (introduced in April 1987 as the 1988 models) and in R / V-series trucks such as the K5 Blazer, Suburban and rounded-era pickups earlier than C / K until 1991, including chassis cabs and four-door crew cabins. The L05 was also used in the G-Van models and the P30 stepped car. In addition, the L05 was used in 9C1-optional Police Packages Caprices and in the following vehicles:
L05 were primarily used with cast number 14102193 cylinder heads (64 cc combustion chambers) with swirled intake ports - the intake ports were designed for fuel economy (the design was also shared with the 103 heads used on the 4.3L with TBI). The vortex orifices (GM known as the vortex chamber) along with the irregular shape of the combustion chambers limit airflow and power where they did not allow rapid combustion, which was later introduced with the 1996 Vortec heads. Much of the L05 used with the trucks and vans had conventional flat camshafts, while the Caprice 9C1 (1989-93) had a roller cam. The use of L05 was replaced by the LT1 in GM B-Bodies and D-Bodies after 1993, until production was discontinued in 1996.
However, a single belt accessory drive (serpentine belt) was introduced on the L05, 5.0L L03 and 4.3L V6 LB4 engines used in the 1988 GMT400 models, but not on the older R / V (R / V -Models received the serpentine belt) Drive in 1989 when the front grille was redesigned in the GMT400 range. In mid-1996, the L05 was fitted with heads that were used in the 1996 G30. In February 2008, a Wisconsin businessman reported that his 1991 Chevrolet C1500 pickup had driven more than 1 million miles without major repairs to its L05 engine. (Source: The Flint Journal (Feb. 17, 2008) The article also mentioned that the Flint engine plant that built the engine had produced 45 million engines in its 45-year history before closing in 1999.
The Vortec 5700 L31 (VIN code 8th digit "R") is a 5.7 liter V8 truck engine. It is Chevrolet's last Generation I small block of production. The cylinder heads have combustion chambers and inlet openings that are very similar to those of the LT1 V8, but do not have the backflow cooling and higher compression of the LT1. Therefore, the L31 head is compatible with all older small blocks and is a very popular upgrade. It provides the airflow of more expensive heads at a much lower cost. However, a specific intake manifold is required (A Vortec engine with 5.7 l, 350 CI L31 and eight screws on the intake manifold or four per head, in contrast to the "conventional" six screws per head, a total of twelve older Chevrolet small ones on the head Blocks). The Chevrolet L31 has been replaced by GM's 5.3L LM7 V8. The Vortec 5700 develops 255 PS (190 kW) to 350 PS (261 kW) at 4,600 rpm and 447 Nm (330 lb⋅ft) to 475 Nm (350 lb⋅ft) of torque at 2,800 rpm.Known as GEN 1+, the final incarnation of the small block from 1954 ended production in 2005, with the final vehicle being a Kodiak / Topkick HD truck. It is still in current production as a box motor for marine applications and automobile hobbyists like the 'RamJet 350' with minor modifications. Volvo Penta and Mercury Marine also still produce the L31. The "marine" inlet, despite its cast iron construction, is an L31 upgrade that allows the use of standard Bosch injectors with different flow rates while complying with emissions regulations.
TBI L31 applications
- 1996 G-series transporter over 3,856 kg GVW with 4L80E gearbox
4,120 in the well family (1970–1980)
The only engine in this family, the 399.9 cu in (6.6 L; 6,554 cc) was introduced in 1970 and produced for 10 years. It has a bore of 104.6 mm (4.120 inches) and a stroke of 95.25 mm (3.750 inches). The 400 differed from other small blocks in that the cylinders were of the same name and therefore "steam" holes in the block, in the head gaskets and in the heads were required to avoid the "hot spots" in the cooling system at the point above the block with the same name To alleviate cylinders. Overheating and damage are likely when using head gaskets or heads without steam holes in a 400 block. The 400 is the only motor that uses a 67.3 mm (2.65 in) main journal and 53.3 mm (2.1 in) rod journal. The connecting rod was also 400-specific and was 141.4 mm (5.565 in) as opposed to the 144.8 mm (5.7 in) long connecting rod used in all of the other small-block Chevrolet engines. The 400 was manufactured from 1970 to 1972 in the 4-hole main tenon and from 1973 to 1980 in the 2-hole main tenon. The 400 can have either 2 or 3 freezer plugs per side, although all 400 blocks contain the provisions for a third freeze - plugs on each side. The 400 was rated at 245–265 PS (183–198 kW) gross (150–180 PS (112–134 kW) SAE net) throughout its service life. The 400 was used extensively in full-size Chevrolet and GMC trucks. K5 Blazer / Jimmy, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton, and even larger medium-duty trucks had the option to be fitted with a 400. The engine was available in medium-sized A-body and fully-sized B-body passenger cars until the end of the 1976 model year. Early models made 265 hp (198 kW) with a two-cylinder carburetor. All 400s were equipped with a two-cylinder carburetor until 1973. In 1974 a four-cylinder carburetor option was offered.
The 400 was never intended as a high performance engine and never saw great factory horsepower; Still, it has earned a reputation for generating tremendous torque (up to 542 Nm (400 lb⋅ft) in 1970) and has since become popular for many types of racing, both on and off-road. It was also used for the limited production Avanti for a few years in the 1970s.
3,671 in the hole family (1975-1976)
The 1975–1976 262 was a 26.3.5 cu in (4.3 L; 4,301 cc) V8 90 ° pushrod with an iron block and heads. The bore and stroke were 93.2 mm × 78.7 mm. Power for 1975 was 110 hp (82 kW) at 3600 rpm and 264 Nm (195 lb⋅ft) at 2000 rpm. The 262 was replaced by the 305 for the 1977 model year.
This was Chevrolet's second power plant with a displacement of 4.3 liters. Four other Chevrolet engines displaced 4.3L: the Vortec 4300 (a V6 based on the Chevrolet 350 cu in (5.7 L) with two cylinders removed), the original V8 with 265 cu in (4.3 l) in 1954, a bored version of the 235 in-line six-cylinder with a displacement of 4.3 L (261 cu in) and a derivative of the Generation II LT engines known as the L99 (with a 94.9 mm bore (3.736 in) (30.9) and 150.9 mm (5.94 in)) and a 3 in (76.2 mm) stroke).
This engine was used in the following cars:
3,736 in the hole family (1976-1998)
This engine family was developed and built in the age of the gas embargo, the CAFE mandates and the stricter emissions and was designed as a low-cost, general-purpose V8 engine series "Economy V8" by Chevrolet. It was introduced in 1976 and had a displacement of 5.0 liters. It was supposed to fill the gap in which the venerable 283 and 307 had been. Bore and stroke were 94.9 mm x 88.4 mm (3.736 "x 3.48") using the 350's crankshaft throw. This new family of engines would offer better gas economy than the 350, its basic architecture and many parts with the 350 share (reducing production costs) and provide customers with more power and torque than Chevrolet's in-line 6 and V6 engines from the 1970s. In the early 1980s, as GM streamlined its engine lineup, the Chevrolet 305 became known as General Motors' "corporate" engine, referred to as the standard (and often only) V8 in many GM vehicles. In the 1980s, the 305 became the most common General Motors V8, closely followed by the Oldsmobile 307. The 305 also became the standard V8 in GM's C / K truck series and was even used in the Corvette for California in 1980.
The crankshafts used on the 305 had the same cast number as the 350 with one noticeable difference - the 305 crank is lighter to compensate for engine balancing. As a result, the counterweights are smaller, making it unsuitable for use in a 350 where metal would need to be welded back on. The middle journal 305, like its big brother 350, was further developed in the 1990s, but with a reduced stroke of 76.2 mm (3 in.) Using 150.9 mm (5.94 in.) Connecting rods in the LT II engine Generation II L99 263.
- Dentron Clipperton I specify Howard
- Adopted the creature from pit bulls and parole workers
- 25 is the fraction of 75
- Focus on Petchburi massage everywhere
- Normal breathing rate for cats when purring
- Where to find clear carrier bags
- How to play the hohner button accordion
- Asistir doctor who, 1971 Dublin
- Magical pizza dragons what happened
- Nozipho nkelemba how old is sherri
- Who invented the friendship bracelets
- The selection of the wpf list box was changed when unloading
- Who makes car called Karma
- How to set up the Ventrilo Server Router
- Howard Stark Tribute Lyrics
- Guild Wars 2 where you get capes
- Holset 1 Holset 3 What's the difference
- Eiapopeia from heaven meaning whatsapp
- How to test the TCP socket connection
- Wholesale stained glass supplies uk
- What does stubborn person mean
- How to undock in the sci lab tutorial
- What a proverb level 113 advise
- Kalorier Cykling 30 km how many miles
- What fit ngk bkr5e-11 spark plugs
- Adwokat agnieszka lachowicz agency
- Archibald certainly didn't like my wife
- How does oxalic acid dissociate in water
- Psychowalkman Galaxy Proteus software
- How Much Do Dental Implants Cost The Philippines
- Where do you get Farm Chicken Wow from
- World champion pawel gluchowski piotr
- Middle Eastern child actors who have died