Armin ft atrin who are you
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.-William Ernest Henley (1875)
„I am the master of my destiny. I am the captain of my soul.„
There is so much truth and wisdom in these two sentences, which are over 150 years old, that they have become a guiding principle for me since the day I heard them for the first time.
What it means is that there is only one person who decides who you are and how others should see you. You yourself!
Having to deal with it overnight, not being able to feel or move your legs, is not easy to cope with. Everyone understands that there can be a tough day. The operations and foreign bodies such as screws and plates in the body do not exactly help with a quick recovery or pain-free freedom of movement.
It is important to understand that you can ask for help and accept it without appearing needy or helpless. Especially shortly after such an accident or a stroke of fate, you first have to learn how everything works.
It helped me a lot that my friends and family were there for me and supported me where they could. In addition, I was lucky enough to be able to learn from professionals in a rehab for three months how I can cope with the pitfalls of everyday life without being able to get up.
To sit down alone when you can no longer keep your balance has to be relearned. Every movement is different from what you are used to and almost every new movement seems almost impossible at the beginning. Here you have to grit your teeth and try it out.
But more on that later.
What everyone needs to understand in such a situation is not easy, but it is true:
My diagnosis doesn't define who I am!
I decide who I am and what I want to do with my life.
It is not what I can no longer or will not achieve, but what I can still achieve and how I can still implement it!
Not what I've lost, but how I get on.
Not who I was. Who I am!
Just because I can no longer walk, I'm not a different person! I still have the same dreams, fears, feelings, and interests. It is not the situation that describes me, but my way of dealing with it.
Sitting in a wheelchair doesn't have to mean feeling sorry for yourself. It is not important to others whether I sit or stand. It is important what kind of character I have, what I exude and how I present myself. It is based on how I deal with my situation, not what situation I am in.
Even if it was very important to me to become independent again as soon as possible and to get my life under control, it is not a weakness to ask for help.
Strength does not mean not having any weaknesses and being able to go through life alone, but rather to be aware of your weaknesses, to be able to show them and to know that you don't always have to be strong.
Life is not made up of memories or dreams. It takes place in the here and now and revolves around the people who are important to you. People you love, who you are loved by, and whom you blindly trust.
Life is only worth living if you don't sink into memories, but create new ones! And whoever wants to be part of it, we should all greet them with a smile. You can't be happy on your own!
Without my family and my girlfriend, I would never be as far as I have come now. I am infinitely grateful to you for being a part of my life. You are the reason why I am happy, why I have the strength to go on every day and never give up. You are the part of my life that I want to live for!
I like it:
- What is Janno Gibbs height
- I shot the sheriff texts that wrote
- 20 Howard Ave Peabody Ma Newspaper
- R sim iphone means what
- How to program the ellard remote control
- What makes a champion speech
- How to check the thermocouple with the measuring device
- Dominium tau taktyki szachowe
- What is Chelicerata Arthropod Examples
- How to measure Remington 700 barrel length
- What is the meter of the raven
- Paul chowdhry comedian youtube black
- EU Director General by whom
- Who owns the Kedong Ranch Limited
- How to take a random quiz in Flash
- Renesys Wholesale Rankings 2013
- Krystal campbell ryan howard wedding photos
- Use of computercraft modems
- How to play tennikoit rules of the game
- Commentators city and color chords what does
- Health joey friends how you do it
- What does Muntjac Poo look like
- Lahowal city of Dallas
- Best of Brick Heck Whoop
- How employable are you testing
- How do pectus excavatum braces work
- What is Ub Invoice Type 130
- How does the Mercalli scale measure an earthquake
- Gilbert Gottfried Howard Heck 2007 hottest
- Conectar whatsapp via pc
- What does apikorsim
- Where is Kanye West Paris apartment
- What is Suze Orman's necklace
- Kunai Warframe Mods How To Use It