Cody Howard arrests Rod Rouge
Terrence Howard now literally 'refuses to hurt a fly'
Terrence Howard has - very gently - turned over a new leaf.
The 48-year-old actor claims to be such a pacifist now, he will not even pick a flower.
Speaking to People magazine, the Empire star explained how he has gone from two violent marriages to literally refusing to hurt a fly.
'I've made terrible mistakes': Terrence Howard has explained how he went from two violent marriages to literally refusing to hurt a fly (pictured with third wife Mira Pak in February)
'I've made terrible mistakes throughout my life,' he said. 'I was dragging baggage with me that was crippling me mentally and physically. But I finally feel I can put that to rest. I can breathe again. '
As a two-year-old child, Howard witnessed his father Tyrone stab a man to death at a mall in Cleveland after a row broke out in a line to see Santa. He only served 11 months in prison.
'My dad whooped me every day until I was 14,' he recalled. 'Then he said: "The street will whoop you from now on."'
The violence continues with Terrence through to his adult life: he admitted beating his first wife Lori McCommas, with whom he has three children.
Violent past: The actor admitted beating his first wife Lori McCommas, with whom he has three children (pictured 2005)
His second wife Michelle Ghent was granted a restraining order against him for the same thing.
But Howard claims that since his mother's death in 2008, he has been trying to change.
'I was raised believing the man is in charge, but I've realized marriage should be an equal partnership,' he said.
Howard met his third wife, Mira Pak, in 2013, proposing to her after just three weeks.
Track record: His second wife Michelle Ghent was granted a restraining order against him for the same thing (pictured 2011)
'Two weeks after meeting Mira, I gathered up things associated with my past and found a nice hill and buried them all there,' he said. 'Mira settled me.'
The couple now have two children: Seven-month-old Hero and Qirin, 22 months. Despite splitting in 2015, his 39-year-old bride insisted they 'never fight.'
'Our marriage is effortless,' she said. 'Relationships are hard work, but we really don't fight.'
While he still gets stressed, he has found an effective way to deal with it.
Third time lucky? Howard and his third wife Mira Pak - who now have two children: Seven-month-old Hero and Qirin, 22 months - insist they 'never fight', despite splitting in 2015
'I'll just watch a tree’s limbs sway back and forth or take my shoes off and put my hands on a tree,' he revealed. 'It makes me feel part of the whole.'
'He refuses to kill a fly,' Mira said. 'And we're trying to teach our kids not to pick flowers.'
'I know in those two weeks or month of a fly’s life, that’s 80 years for them,' he continued. 'And we smash them so quickly. I hope if someone saw me trapped, some bigger creature would help me. '
'I still have growing to do,' Howard concluded. 'I just hope the mistakes I make now are smarter mistakes.'
Hit show: Howard stars with Taraji P. Henson in Empire
Share or comment on this article:
- How to kill a tooth nerve end
- Whoopee Diaper Singapore Post
- What does mimetic desire mean in Tagalog
- Howard Miller's grandfather watches reviews of windows
- What eats Bombay duck earthworm
- Low mcat score now what
- Install captive snap fasteners
- Vanakkam Tamil meaning like
- What is a hatched pattern space
- How to throw up Harlem 30s Crip
- What did you give to take your time
- What causes yellowish tongue
- What does cmc mean in medical terms
- Gas fireplace cleaning like
- When demand exceeds supply, society is generally considered to be in Albania
- How to sort data in Minitab Help
- How to make Townsend brick tea
- Ttyyppiinngg double letters when typing
- How do I open an MHT file in Firefox
- How to get a car engine back into operation
- Aquamax 6000 instructions to play
- Mahila Hinsa in Nepal, how to share
- What does Imperius Rex
- Kraftkolour landscape dyes instructions for binding