How to stiffen canvas hat brim
Making witch hats, part 1: The simple hat
What you need:
- Audio drawing cardboard or photo cardboard (for smaller decorative hats A4 or A3 should be sufficient, for a large hat that you can carry yourself you need up to 3 photo cards in the large format 70.5 x 20.1 cm)
- White craft glue and a brush
- Old newspapers as an adhesive and painting base
- A pencil and string
- A ruler
- A scissors
- Optional: acrylic paint of your choice and a brush
That's how it works:
The conical main part of the hat consists of a quarter of a circle. To draw this on your cardboard, first tie the end of a long string tightly to a pencil, as close as possible to the tip. This tool now works much like a compass.
Now you measure the length on the cord that the side of your hat should have and add a few more centimeters (for a large hat that you can wear yourself I measured approx. 34 cm, but the example hat I'm making here only has 13 cm). Place the end of the string on one corner of your photo cardboard and hold it there securely. If you now tighten the cord with the pencil at the end and pull it over the cardboard, you can draw a quarter of a circle. Now shorten the string back to the length you want the side of your hat to be and pull the pencil over the cardboard again. Now you have two parallel curved lines that form a quarter of a circle.
Cut out the quarter along the outer line.
Cut the strip at the edge of the circle quarter (from the extra centimeters you added at the beginning) at short intervals and fold the resulting small rectangles outwards. These later become part of the brim. Now you can start rolling the quarter into a cone. When doing this, adjust it to fit your head if you want to make a hat for yourself to wear.
Use a pencil to mark where the straight sides of the circle quarter overlap. You can now apply a thin layer of craft glue to this point and press the two sides together until the glue has dried. Your hat is slowly taking shape!
For the brim of the hat, first fold the many small rectangles that are at the bottom of the hat's edge into the inside of the hat. Now you can transfer the circular shape of the edge of the hat onto the leftover photo cardboard.
For the brim, of course, you have to draw a larger circle around the outside. To do this, you place your ruler at several points on the circle and make a point at a distance that is as long as your brim should be wide (For a large hat that you can wear yourself, I chose 9 cm, but this hat has a brim width of 4 cm).
Now you connect the dots to a circle and cut out the whole thing. Don't forget to cut out the inner circle too. Now you've got something like a cardboard donut.
Transfer the donut onto more photo cardboard and cut it out too so that you have two donuts.
On your cone, fold the small rectangles outwards again and use the brush to apply some craft glue to each of the top. Try to work quickly here so the glue doesn't dry out before you're done.
Now you place one of the donuts over the hat on the adhesive points from above and press it firmly into place.
To make the hat a little more stable and beautiful, you now apply glue to the lower side of the donut and the small rectangles and press the second donut against it until all the glue has dried.
5. Optional step
To make the hat a little more weatherproof or if you don't like the color of your photo cardboard, you can now paint your hat with a layer of acrylic paint.
Your classic pointed witch or wizard hat is ready!
The way the hat is now, it is already very beautiful. If you want to make it even more personal, we have a few ideas for you in Part 2!
- How to use liquid advil on pimples
- Android itunes home share how to import
- Tommy puett where is he now
- Albastru de metil wikihow
- Who's the general tire adventure girl
- What does not revertar inultus meanings
- How to calculate parts per hundred resin
- Roller wheel how long can it go
- What does fulfillment mean in Lulu
- How to Fix Astro A40 Mic Sensitivity
- Bovitam 500ml is like many ounces
- How to get a dog unthrottled
- WhatsApp girl photo and number
- How to evolve eevee to espeon platinum
- What is R-Value Window
- Where ignorance prevails, means
- Prototypical thinking in mathematics of what product does
- What makes you beautiful imagery
- What is Intel Proset Monitoring Service
- Icaew exceptions according to mba how many years
- How do I get Ubuntu updates from the terminal
- What is carbonaceous sputum
- What does 500 pg mg hair mean
- What the preacher said sounds like doctrine
- How to Root Note 4 from at & t
- Andrychowska fabryka maszyn praca norwegia
- Alyshia Ashlee how did she die
- Normal breathing rate for cats when purring
- What does cancelable loan mean?
- Hiney duck holes as was
- How to spam Facebook spam on someone
- Cracks in the lower back when I move my hips
- What is 1905 Bir Form Excel
- Caldesene Powder UK Boots Wholesale