What to eat at Panera during pregnancy
Eating properly during pregnancy
Should I eat differently during my pregnancy?Now, during pregnancy, it is particularly important that you eat a balanced diet. So that you and your baby get all the nutrients you both need.
If you already suspect that you have not always eaten healthy, it is even more important to start with your pregnancy. Enjoy nutritious and balanced food. Your daily meals should contain all main food groups as recommended by the German Nutrition Society (DGE):
- fruit and vegetables. Try to eat fruit and vegetables five times a day - be it fresh, frozen, dried or as freshly squeezed juice or as a homemade smoothie. Two servings of fruit and three servings of vegetables are recommended daily.
- Carbohydrate (starch) foods. This group includes bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. Whole grains should always be used as the basis.
- High protein foods. These include, in particular, lean meat, chicken, fish, eggs and legumes such as peas, beans and lentils. Meat, including sausage and eggs, can be served two to three times a week. Try to eat fish once or twice a week, regardless of whether it is fresh, frozen or canned, the main thing is that it is not raw. Choose a high-fat sea fish such as salmon, herring or mackerel, because it contains important omega-3 fatty acids and iodine.
- Dairy products. Milk, cheese, and yogurt belong to this group - all of them are high in protein and calcium. Eat three servings a day, such as a slice of cheese, a yogurt and a glass of milk.
- Healthy fats in the form of vegetable oil. Use canola, olive, nut oil and / or eat nuts and kernels, avocado and olives.
Iron and folic acid are particularly important during pregnancy and you have a higher requirement than usual. Consult your doctor as to whether you should take these substances with a dietary supplement.
Do I have to eat more during pregnancy?Your body works more efficiently during pregnancy and makes more of the energy it gets from food. According to the DGE reference values, pregnant women should consume around 250 calories more per day in the 2nd trimester and around 500 more calories in the 3rd trimester. This is a guideline and applies to women who were of normal weight before pregnancy. 250 calories are roughly equivalent to:
- a wholemeal bread with a slice of cheese
- 150 g yogurt with fresh fruit and two to three spoons of oat flakes
- a 100 to 120 g piece of apple pie with crumble and shortcrust pastry (without cream)
- 250 ml noodle soup with chicken and vegetables
Listen to your body and you will know how much to eat. Your appetite will not always be the same:
- In the first few weeks of your pregnancy, you may have poor appetite and not even feel like eating full meals, especially if you are feeling sick.
- In the middle of your pregnancy (the second trimester), your appetite will likely be the same as it was before pregnancy, maybe a little bit bigger.
- The closer you are to your due date, the greater your appetite will likely become. If you experience heartburn or bloating after meals, frequent, smaller meals are probably the right thing for you.
The most important rule of thumb remains: eat when you are hungry. If you then eat a balanced and varied diet, you will steadily gain weight, which is a good sign that your baby is developing healthily.
Are there any foods that I shouldn't eat as a pregnant woman?There are actually foods that are not entirely safe for your baby. These foods are not dangerous in themselves, but they could be contaminated with bacteria and parasites, for example. Therefore, you should avoid it as much as possible:
- Cheeses with a white mold rind such as Brie and Camembert as well as blue mold cheeses such as Stilton, Gorgonzola or Roquefort (FSA undat. C). These cheeses can contain Listeria bacteria, which can harm your baby.
- Paté and raw or undercooked meat and raw or soft-boiled eggs. There is also a risk of bacteria here. If you cook meat and eggs, make sure that the dishes are cooked through (FSA undated c).
- Raw seafood such as oysters or sushi, if it was not frozen before preparation (FSA undated. B).
- Shark, swordfish or merlin. These types of fish contain so much naturally occurring mercury that they can be dangerous (FSA 2004a, FSA 2004b). That is why the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) and the Federal Environment Ministry (BMU) advise pregnant and breastfeeding women not to consume fish, which can be particularly contaminated with mercury. These include fresh tuna and canned tuna. Halibut, eel, pike, wolffish and monkfish are also not recommended. You should limit the consumption of tuna very much because of the mercury or avoid it entirely (COT 2003, FSA 2004a).
- Liver and liver products such as liver sausage may contain large amounts of retinol (animal vitamin A, see above) (FSA undated. B).
- Refrain from alcohol (BMA 2007, DH 2009).
- You shouldn't consume more than 200 mg of caffeine per day. That corresponds roughly to a large mug of filter coffee (depending on the strength) or four cups of tea or five cans of cola (FSA undat. B). Switch to decaffeinated coffee.
How can I gain weight in a healthy way?It is best if you put on weight evenly. At the end of your pregnancy you will probably weigh between 10 and 12.5 kg more (DH 2009). You gain weight faster towards the end than you did at the beginning.
Please remember, however, that your weight gain depends on many factors and varies from mother to mother. Simply focus on a diet high in vegetables, complex carbohydrates, legumes, fruits, lean meats, fish, milk, and dairy products, and foods low in fat or sugar. Cook fresh regularly and use organic products.
How often should i eat each day?Even if you are not hungry right now, your baby may be hungry. That is why you should eat regularly. Try it with three full meals and two to three healthy snacks in between. And if regular meals are difficult due to morning sickness or constant nausea, loss of appetite, heartburn, or indigestion, try eating lots of small snacks instead. Digesting a small thing five to six times a day can be easier for your body than three large meals.
Can I also sin once in a while?You don't have to give up your favorite food right away because you are pregnant now. Even so, foods and snacks that are fatty, sugary, and very salty shouldn't be the main part of your diet.
You can also have a snack, but try a banana before you eat a packet of chips and eat a fruit sorbet rather than ice cream. Even so, you don't have to feel guilty about eating a piece of cake - just enjoy every bite!
Here you will find our nutritional companion through pregnancy, which will help you, trimester by trimester, to easily eat healthily.
Can I keep a diet during pregnancy?Dieting during pregnancy can harm both you and your child. Some types of diet attack the body's nutrient stores and you lose iron, folic acid, and other important vitamins and minerals. Remember that your weight gain is one of the best signals that your baby is developing well and that you are having a healthy pregnancy!
If you are overweight, you can change your diet. Eat healthy and balanced food, avoid too much sugar and fat and do sports. But before you change your diet or increase your physical activity, you should speak to your doctor.
Don't forget to download our free app to receive interesting information about your pregnancy every day. "My Baby Today" gives you all of the expert-checked answers you need - always at your fingertips!
Last revised: January 2019
BMA. 2007. Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders: A guide for health professionals. British Medical Association (BMA) Board of Science. www.bma.org.uk [pdf file, as of March 2012]
COT. 2003. Updated COT statement on a survey of mercury in fish and shellfish. Committee on Toxicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment. www.food.gov.uk [pdf file, as of March 2012]
DH. 2009. The pregnancy book: Chapter 3 Your health in pregnancy.www.dh.gov.uk [pdf file, as of March 2012]
FSA. 2004a. Tuna advice updated. Food Standards Agency. www.food.gov.uk [as of March 2012]
FSA. 2004b. Mercury in fish: your questions answered. Food Standards Agency. www.food.gov.uk [as of March 2012]
FSA. undated b Is it safe to eat sushi during pregnancy? Food Standards Agency. www.eatwell.gov.uk [as of March 2012]
FSA. undated cEat well be well: When you're pregnant. Food Standards Agency. www.eatwell.gov.uk [March 2012]
NHS. 2011. Vitamins and minerals - Iodine. NHS Choices. www.nhs.co.uk [as of March 2012]
NICE. 2008. Antenatal care: Routine care for the healthy pregnant woman. National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence. www.nice.org.uk [pdf file, as of March 2012]
RCOG. 2006. Alcohol and pregnancy: Information for you. London: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (RCOG). www.rcog.org.uk [as of March 2012]
Vanderpump M, Lazarus J, Smyth P, et al. 2011. Assessment of the UK iodine status: a National Survey. Presented at the Society of Endocrinology BES. Summary: www.edocrine-abstracts.org [as of March 2012]
Weng X, Odouli R, Li D-K. 2008. Maternal caffeine consumption during pregnancy and the risk of miscarriage: a prospective cohort study. At J Obstet Gynecol 198(23):297
Show sourcesHide sources
- How to Make a Fake Indoor Waterfall
- Rice paper packaging like many in the container
- Siomai wholesale Philippines clothing
- Where did Effy Haematian come from?
- When the oppressed become oppressors
- What happened Police Officer Nathaniel Robinson
- Kleppinger tweezers, how to take apart
- Android itunes home share how to import
- What does Omorfia mean in Greek
- Who is online tumblr tracker
- What separates Scotland and the highlands and the lowlands
- When we were kings, film techniques
- What does from the woodwork
- How microprocessors work ppt file
- How to index grail bodies and heads
- How does Oxycontin work with extended release of active ingredients abroad
- Boy scout badge how to install ceiling
- 6ba in metric what makes around
- How to dissect a pig's trotting ford
- Mailua Holland Senior whole health
- Kaszubski park miniature w mirachowie-stryszej budzie
- What does Kuni mean in Farsi Iranian
- Android developer, what is an activity report
- When Jesus comes back he will find faith
- How to calculate the 90% confidence interval
- Fire flight for those who wait 2010 torrent
- Harman kardon hk 680i specifications howard
- What is Xpress TM technology and why
- Who found Colonel Pyncheon's body
- 10kb means how many pixels are 5x7
- Amla hair products wholesaler South Africa
- Hepcat out of nowhere rar files
- Duronto Howrah to Bangalore availability
- What does cmc mean in medical terms