Where are Seamax boats from China made
The tomato business Italian tomato products from China?
Many tomato cans look as if their contents came from Italy: The can is green, white and red, and the slogan “Made in Italy” is printed on it. In reality, however, the tomatoes contained may actually have been grown in China.
Tomatoes are a global product
Tomatoes are produced and processed globally due to the high price pressure. In China, farmers sometimes only receive one cent per kilogram of tomatoes. In southern Italy, farmers are paid ten cents for a kilogram of tomatoes. Many producers have to compensate for these low prices through precarious working conditions for the pickers. Many of them are illegal migrants who have to toil in the fields under slave-like conditions. In northern Italy, on the other hand, tomato prices are significantly higher - and most of the field workers work legally.
How to recognize tomatoes from Italy
An isotope analysis commissioned by Marktcheck shows that some tomato products from the German supermarket most likely also contain Chinese tomatoes. Consumers can only see whether the tomatoes in the can or in the jar actually come from Italy through voluntary information from the manufacturer. In the case of organic products, the EU organic seal provides information about the origin of the tomatoes. The imprint “100 percent Italian tomatoes” also guarantees tomatoes from Italy. If only “Made in Italy” or “Made in Italy” is printed, then non-Italian tomatoes may also have been processed.
Organic and branded products reduce price pressure
Consumers can use branded and organic products to reduce the price pressure on producers and farmers. This enables manufacturers to pay their farm workers better wages and is not pressured into exploiting illegal migrants.
Less pollutants in tomatoes in the jar
The coating of cans, for example for tomatoes, can contain the substance bisphenol A. This substance is considered to be hormonally effective. If you don't want to risk that such pollutants are transferred from the packaging to the tomatoes, you should buy tomato products in jars. There are no harmful substances in glass and it can also be completely recycled.
The Federal Center for Nutrition has summarized what labels there are for tomatoes in Germany and what they mean.
- Broadcast on
- What happens to the jury? Duty orientation answers
- Where is Harry Atkinson Reef Moreton Bay
- Gina Rio who is her father
- Who sings Perfidia Reggae version of Lean
- How to Make Mary Poppins Umbrella
- Fantasy story 200 words as many pages
- How to use dagar na phool aur
- How to Swag Walk CJ Salvador Instagram
- Howa Mini Action indoor caliber
- Who radio Cheryl pannier accident
- How to scare a sleeping person
- How did Koenig Lobengula die in 2016
- DRM-protected image WhatsApp Plus
- Samsung Thin Client how to flip screen
- The Howling Ribbon 1979 philippines pictures
- Paper bag Murah di Chow Kit Strasse
- How to untangle matted hair baby oil
- Archibald certainly didn't like my wife
- Hesus sa krus tagalog texts how great
- Which Phrase Level 137 advise
- How long do impending miscarriage symptoms last?
- July 1994 poster cards of what happened
- You are my whole world, brother, funny
- Superoxide formation in cells, which is diffusion