How to hang a door in a kitchen
Unhook the door with or without a safety mechanism
Lifting with or without additional safety
Anyone who wants or has to remove a door will find two different mechanical variants. In most cases, interior doors are only hung or attached. In principle, they can be unhooked by lifting them, but dirt, rust and old paint often require them to be exposed and made mobile.
In the case of doors with more extensive security functions, such as when removing house doors, patio doors and steel doors, the door hinges are in most cases also secured. In addition to locking screws, bolts or pins that are inserted or screwed in transversely, springs in the door hinge must be relaxed for some door types before they can be removed.
Special cases of sliding, folding and patio doors
If you want to unhook a sliding door, you can pull out freely hanging folding models, similar to a curtain, after removing a clamp. Rigid door leaves can be lifted out of the guide after light pressure upwards or downwards.
Unhooking a patio door with a folding mechanism requires assembly instructions from the manufacturer and technically advanced experience. The tilt rails and guides must be loosened in the correct order and partially dismantled. Tensioned spring travel often has to be relaxed without damaging the spring mechanism.
How to hang out a door
- Penetrating oil or
- Rust-loosening and lubricating cleaning spray (Caramba, WD40 or similar)
- Allen / screwdriver
- Cutter or wallpaper knife
1. Support the door leaf
For almost all types of door, it is advisable to interrupt the tensile force between the weight of the door leaf and the hinges before unhinging. Placing three to five support wedges in the floor gap of the door is suitable for this.
2. Remove the fuses
With the safeguards against accidental unhooking, there are up to three transversely mounted bolts, screws or pins on the door hinges, the head of which usually consists of a hexagon socket that can be loosened with an Allen key.
3. Make the door hinge accessible
Use a cutter to cut open door hinges that have been painted over at the rotary joints.
4. Apply penetrating oil or spray
Leave the oil or spray on for at least an hour.
5. Lift the door and unhook it
When you lift the door, make sure that the opening angle does not cause the top edge of the door to tilt with the frame.
- Blank page when printing email from iPhone
- How to make a coilgun without a camera
- How long does a fairy shrimp live
- How to change wifi password huawei hg521
- What causes tiny red spots on the body
- Tomorrow when the world started with the summary definition
- How to read balance sheet ilo publication
- Imtiyaz patel guide auto wholesalers
- Smart disk error while backing up
- Where are the Shyracks on Korriban
- Welsh translation hello how are you
- What is the mammalian body covering
- Which mobile rivo a320 neo
- How to make sub-bullets in word
- How to calculate the column sum in sas
- How to find the Autocad serial number
- Rpmsg file, how to open rms
- What is plotter and its types
- Gta san andreas how to add excitement
- Awho khurpatale nainital temperature
- What does bell end mean
- Who makes bandini fertilizer for roses
- How are you doing in the Arabic youtube keyboard
- What is O&D passengers
- Pwc logo colors and what they mean
- How to make podi ari kanji symbol
- What is windy weather app
- What is safe mode for virtual machines
- Jack Howard Dean Dobbs Height
- Nigel Howick Driving School
- What does Quinquereme from Nineve mean
- What does the epitome of perfection mean
- Wirquin Jollyfill instructions on how to play
- How many points of arterial impulses