What does Kiki mean in the Philippines
Are you planning a trip to the Philippines, but don't really know much about the country? I will explain to you about immigration, security, mobility on site and other exciting topics. With my Philippines travel tips are you prepared for your vacation!
Philippines travel tips
Prior to travel: useful information
Philippines vaccination |Philippines entry
During the travel: Security | Mobility | Culture
Your journey: Philippines Deals
Interesting facts about the Philippines
Before you fly to a foreign country, you should study the country itself: Where are the Philippines actually located? How many islands belong to the island state and what language do they speak on site? I'll tell you:
- location: The Philippines is a Southeast Asian country in the Pacific north of Indonesia and east of Vietnam.
- Islands: 7,641 islands belong to the Philippine island state, which with 343,448 km² is the second largest archipelago and fifth largest island state in the world.
- language: Over 170 languages are spoken in the Philippines, including various Filipino languages, including Spanish, English and Chinese. Tagalog and English are used as the official language, while English is used as the official and business language - so you don't have to worry about communication. As a rule, most people understand English.
- religion: Most of the people in the Philippines are Catholics, making them the only Asian country where the Catholic religion is the majority of the population.
- currency: It is paid in the Philippine Peso (PHP) - 1 euro is about 58.53 PHP.
- Time zone: The island state is in the UTC + 8 zone, which means that the country is 6 hours ahead of us in the German summer and 7 hours after the time change in winter.
- Best travel time: The climatic zones of the Philippines have very different conditions. In most regions, however, there is the dry season from January to March, and you can still have a good holiday in the Philippines until May. For detailed information about the best time to travel to the Philippines, check out my travel calendar.
As with most of Southeast Asian countries, the Philippines is recommended to all Standard vaccinations like tetanus, diphtheria, measles, and a few more. If you have been to a country threatened by yellow fever before, this vaccination is also required. Frequent travelers should generally have one Hepatitis A vaccination have hepatitis B and rabies can also be useful. For more information, contact a tropical medicine specialist. Cover yourself with enough mosquito repellent to protect yourself against dengue fever, which is transmitted by mosquitoes.
To enter the Philippines, you need a passport that is valid for six months after your stay. You get a visa with a German passport and when traveling up to 30 days free of charge upon entry - the so-called Visa on arrival. For this you need proof of your onward or return flight in the form of your flight ticket. If you stay more than 30 days, you can extend your Visa on Arrival for approx. 51 € up to 59 days.
There are no direct flights to get to the Philippines, but you are for under 600 € with a stopover in the twinkling of an eye on the fantastic Philippine islands. Recommended and cheapest is that Arrival to Manila, the capital of the country. The metropolis gives you a good first insight into the culture of the country and offers the ideal starting point for the onward journey.
Security in the Philippines
According to current information from the Federal Foreign Office, you should refrain from traveling to some areas and regions. This includes the south of Palawan. You should also not visit some other regions that are not typical tourist destinations at the moment. You can see which these are at the Foreign Office. You can find more detailed information on medical advice, entry and security on the Federal Foreign Office website.
Mobility in the Philippines
Many Philippines vacationers come to the country with Island hopping To discover as many different paradisiacal spots as possible and to relax on some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Depending on the distance between the islands, you can use the Speed boat or take the ferry easily from one island to another. Also Domestic flights are possible, but not always cheap. In addition, the experience at sea is much more authentic, don't you think? For distances of around 100 kilometers within an island there is also Long-distance coaches with low prices, which also give you the opportunity to admire the landscape during your trip.
Are you looking for yourself, for example Aircon buses, you also get comfortable seats and air conditioning. The jeepneys are ideal for inner-city mobility and stop everywhere - you just get in.
The Philippines has an eventful history. Influences from the Spanish and American Colonial times are still noticeable today.
During the Second World War, the Japanese occupied the island nation. Only after the war in 1946 were the Philippines declared independent by the Americans.
- Respectful interaction is part of everyday life
- The left hand is considered "unclean"
- You don't eat your plate empty
- Hustle and bustle and stress are foreign words
In urban areas in particular, the Philippines are very western-oriented, while the more rural regions still cling to their traditions. If you want to get to know the culture of the country, I recommend you to visit the big cities of Manila or Cebu City as well as to travel to small towns. Through the Majority of Catholics Christian holidays in particular play a major role. But the Filipinos can also celebrate properly and so it is worth stopping by, for example, at the Sinulog on Cebu, the largest festival in the Philippines. The next event will take place on January 16, 2022 and will be celebrated with rhythmic dances and music on the street. Also carnival is celebrated in the Philippines: Check out the impressive parades with the pompous costumes of the MassKara Festival in October in Bacolod City on Negros. In Manila, too, is that chinese new year celebrations a huge event - in 2021 it will take place on February 12th.
Armed with the Philippines travel tips for your vacation
I think with these Philippines travel tips you have all the important information you need for your trip to the Philippines. Just browse through my offers, pack your bags and head to paradise!
Learn more about the Philippines
- How to spawn fast-eating
- Broken nose what to do ukiah
- What does semi-hard copper mean
- Marijuana Infused Vape Oil Wholesale
- Toyota 22r fuel pump noise when warm
- Spinning owl head fez whatley
- Parth Samthaan WhatsApp recording programs
- Virsh live migration howtocookthat
- Who owns the Ravenswick Hall
- The who tommy album zip
- Where can wireless routers be recycled
- Sony bdp-bx110 s1100 blu-ray player specifications howard
- Tell me how it feels, lyrics
- How does ssL Wikipedia work for free
- How to change ifor williams brake shoes
- How to use nfc stickers and banners
- How to open a bc8 file
- Who were Gil Elvgren's models
- How to make barley gruel
- Borderlands 2 how to get the lascaux
- The dreamer unlikely dreams Doctor who
- Lkr stands for what
- What is RTSP authentication
- Where to find Timothy Hay in India